The Grand's OldTimer Rally, Bank Holiday Monday 31st August 2020
- Access is from 9.30am via Metropole Road East – which runs from Sandgate Road between The Grand – CT20 2XL – and The Metropole, both vast buildings standing on The Leas overlooking the sea.
- A site plan is also included in the previous programmes, which is to be replicated this year. The administrative headquarters is on The Grand’s Palm Court steps, shown as HQ on the plan – inside the Palm Court if wet – with marshals by the ‘Car Way In’ during the arrival period.
- Commentary and the Prizegiving is also from The Grand’s Palm Court steps.
- ** To request a hardcopy entry form please send a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Secretary, Eileen Watling, Lynsted Cottage, Farthing Common, Lyminge CT18 8DH.
- For periodic email updates, please click here.
We had rather more cars entered this year than hitherto, and at 3pm The Grand’s manager counted 432 vehicles on site. Our marshalling, assisted by the Folkestone Rotary Club, worked better than ever, and because of the turnout extended to an extra eight lanes on The Leas. You’ll see from the prizewinners’ list that there were a number of exceptional cars present; a non prizewinner was an early 60s Mini Estate that undoubtedly looked better than the day it left the factory, and another of late 90s vintage with little mileage which looked exactly as it left the factory.
- Click here for 2020 meeting dates. (PLEASE NOTE ALL MEETINGS ARE CURRENTLY CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.)
- Apart from meeting monthly to discuss oldtimer issues of common interest, an established objective is to attend rallies within striking distance of Folkestone as a group, where appropriate meeting beforehand and travelling together.
- Click here to see the list of rallies for which group visits have been arranged for this year.
- At each monthly meeting arrangements are put in hand for the forthcoming month.
- Club secretary Roy Stenning is co-ordinating detailed arrangements for those who would like to travel in a group. Contact details: 01 797 320 448 and 07925 198 129; for email click here.
- If you have any queries, please click here to email us.
Join The Grand Oldtimer Car Club
Oldtimer Rally 27th August 2018
2018 Winners & Runners up
Should it rain, The Grand’s Palm Court, a glazed terrace overlooking the rally site, couldn’t be a finer retreat, and was certainly put to the test for 2014 & 2015.
Refreshments and meals are readily available there and in the adjacent accommodation which also contains rooms and apartments for those who wish to make more than a day’s outing for the annual occasion.